Allianz Partners Community Spirit Contest
We’re giving cash to groups that show up on race day to support the runners and walkers! Get your creative juices flowing and enter the Allianz Partners Community Spirit Contest. This is a perfect way for community, church or civic groups to get involved in the race.
Judges will be looking for the groups with the most energy and enthusiasm for the duration of the race, so have some fun with it! Feel free to use song, dance, music, megaphones, costumes, banners, signs or anything else you can think of to cheer on the 10k participants!
- 1st Place – $300
- 2nd Place – $200
- 3rd Place – $100
- Ten other groups will also receive a $50 prize.
What you need to know:
- Date: Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to approximately 12:30 p.m. (Times vary by location and will be specified by the Sports Backers)
- Location: You may indicate your preference on your registration, but final locations will designated by the Sports Backers
- Other details:
- You MUST register with the Sports Backers in advance to be eligible for prize money
- Your group needs to have at least 8 people to be considered an official Spirit Group
- There are a limited number of locations along the race course, so sign up early!
- If you are a for-profit entity that would like to be involved, please email [email protected]
Registrations is open and will be accepted through Friday, March 22nd or until the course fills. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by Friday, March 29th.
To apply, please complete and submit this form.
Questions? Contact Amy Waters – [email protected] or 804-285-9495.