We are Sports Backers
Sports Backers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, pursues a goal to transform greater Richmond into the most physically active community in the nation by leading the area in embracing and celebrating an active lifestyle. Our Events and Programs are designed to foster active lifestyles for everyone.
Improving quality life for all Richmonders through physical activity and making Richmond the most active region in the country.
Bike Walk RVA
Advocating for comfortable and connected places to bike and walk for people of all ages and abilities in greater Richmond. Biking and walking for everyday transportation should be accessible to everyone.
Kids On The Move
Young people are key to the Active RVA movement, so we created Kids On The Move---the umbrella program for all of Sports Backers' youth programs.
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to live an active lifestyle. Regardless of your neighborhood, income, or cultural background--being active is important to your overall health & well-being.
- Adam George wins Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon; Bethany Sachtleben claims women’s title Tuesday, November 28th
- Where do Supervisor candidates stand on biking and walking? Monday, November 6th
- Sports Backers Celebrates Groundbreaking of Henrico County Portion of the Fall Line Trail and Announces New Office Space Wednesday, October 18th
- Support the Fall Line in the State Trails Plan! Tuesday, October 10th
- A New Chapter for Sports Backers Fitness Warriors Tuesday, September 19th
There are 6,500 people annually who volunteer to make Sports Backers and its events and programs the successes they are. With your support, we can make this region a more attractive and vibrant place to live where safe opportunities to walk, run, bike, swim, or workout abound and where access to these activities are available to all.