We are Sports Backers
Sports Backers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, pursues a goal to transform greater Richmond into the most physically active community in the nation by leading the area in embracing and celebrating an active lifestyle. Our Events and Programs are designed to foster active lifestyles for everyone.
Improving quality life for all Richmonders through physical activity and making Richmond the most active region in the country.
Bike Walk RVA
Advocating for comfortable and connected places to bike and walk for people of all ages and abilities in greater Richmond. Biking and walking for everyday transportation should be accessible to everyone.
Kids On The Move
Young people are key to the Active RVA movement, so we created Kids On The Move---the umbrella program for all of Sports Backers' youth programs.
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to live an active lifestyle. Regardless of your neighborhood, income, or cultural background--being active is important to your overall health & well-being.
- Scholar-Athletes are the New ALL Stars in Town! Tuesday, September 19th
- BWRVA Summer 2023 Update Monday, September 18th
- Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon Announces New Partnerships and Race Week Highlights Tuesday, September 12th
- Kids Run RVA Rebrands to Kids On The Move Thursday, September 7th
- Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon Start Times to Change Thursday, August 3rd
There are 6,500 people annually who volunteer to make Sports Backers and its events and programs the successes they are. With your support, we can make this region a more attractive and vibrant place to live where safe opportunities to walk, run, bike, swim, or workout abound and where access to these activities are available to all.