We are Sports Backers
Sports Backers, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, pursues a goal to transform greater Richmond into the most physically active community in the nation by leading the area in embracing and celebrating an active lifestyle. Our Events and Programs are designed to foster active lifestyles for everyone.
Improving quality life for all Richmonders through physical activity and making Richmond the most active region in the country.
Bike Walk RVA
Advocating for comfortable and connected places to bike and walk for people of all ages and abilities in greater Richmond. Biking and walking for everyday transportation should be accessible to everyone.
Kids Run RVA
Young people are key to the Active RVA movement, so we created Kids Run RVA -- the umbrella program for all of Sports Backers' youth programs.
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to live an active lifestyle. Regardless of your neighborhood, income, or cultural background--being active is important to your overall health & well-being.
- Sports Backers Half Marathon Training Team Celebrating 10th Anniversary in 2018 Monday, August 6th
- Sports Backers surpasses fundraising goal in 'Building an Active Future' campaign Friday, July 27th
- Celebrate 'Christmas in July' with the CarMax Tacky Light Run Wednesday, July 25th
- The Virginia Credit Union Moonlight Ride is a Family Affair Tuesday, July 24th
- Sports Backers announce 'Walmart Biz Bowl' corporate games event for Sept. 29 Tuesday, July 17th
There are 6,500 people annually who volunteer to make the Sports Backers organization and its events and programs the successes they are. With your support, we can make this region a more attractive and vibrant place to live where safe opportunities to walk, run, bike, swim, or workout abound and where access to these activities are available to all.