We are Sports Backers
Sports Backers, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, pursues a goal to transform greater Richmond into the most physically active community in the nation by leading the area in embracing and celebrating an active lifestyle. Our Events and Programs are designed to foster active lifestyles for everyone.
Improving quality life for all Richmonders through physical activity and making Richmond the most active region in the country.
Bike Walk RVA
Advocating for comfortable and connected places to bike and walk for people of all ages and abilities in greater Richmond. Biking and walking for everyday transportation should be accessible to everyone.
Kids Run RVA
Young people are key to the Active RVA movement, so we created Kids Run RVA -- the umbrella program for all of Sports Backers' youth programs.
Keep It Moving
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to live an active lifestyle. Regardless of your neighborhood, income, or cultural background--being active is important to your overall health & well-being.
- Sports Backers Announce Kroger as New Presenting Sponsor of Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k Monday, November 28th
- The Big Bike Lanes Blog Post Wednesday, November 23rd
- Fitness Warriors Mentor Spotlight: Terrica Woolridge Tuesday, November 22nd
- Fitness Warrior Guest Blog: Total Body Fitness For Women Wednesday, November 16th
- The future of bicycling in RVA looks bright with Levar and #morebikelanes Tuesday, November 15th
There are 6,500 people annually that volunteer to make the Sports Backers organization and its events and programs the success they are today. With your support, we can make this region a more attractive and vibrant place to live where safe opportunities to walk, run, bike, swim, or workout abound and where access to these activities are available to all.