We are Sports Backers
Sports Backers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, pursues a goal to transform greater Richmond into the most physically active community in the nation by leading the area in embracing and celebrating an active lifestyle. Our Events and Programs are designed to foster active lifestyles for everyone.
Improving quality life for all Richmonders through physical activity and making Richmond the most active region in the country.
Bike Walk RVA
Advocating for comfortable and connected places to bike and walk for people of all ages and abilities in greater Richmond. Biking and walking for everyday transportation should be accessible to everyone.
Kids Run RVA
Young people are key to the Active RVA movement, so we created Kids Run RVA---the umbrella program for all of Sports Backers' youth programs.
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to live an active lifestyle. Regardless of your neighborhood, income, or cultural background--being active is important to your overall health & well-being.
- Great American Ride Team Q&A: Hilliard City Schools Tuesday, March 2nd
- Big results at the 2021 General Assembly, part 1 Thursday, February 25th
- Sports Backers to launch second edition of ‘Great American 5000’ virtual race across America on April 10 Monday, February 22nd
- New Event Dates Announced for Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k: June 3-6, 2021 Monday, February 1st
- Second Edition of 'Great American Ride' Virtual Cross-Country Cycling Event Kicks Off on March 20 Thursday, January 28th
There are 6,500 people annually who volunteer to make Sports Backers and its events and programs the successes they are. With your support, we can make this region a more attractive and vibrant place to live where safe opportunities to walk, run, bike, swim, or workout abound and where access to these activities are available to all.