Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k Travel
Event Day Recommendations
- Car pool to the race!
- Take advantage of a Race Day Shuttle (ticket required)
- Run, walk or ride your bike. Bike Valet is available on Franklin Street near Pine Street.
- Free parking is available on streets throughout the area. Park EAST of Belvidere to find on-street and surface-lot parking.
- AVOID THE BELVIDERE EXITS off I-95 and I-195.
- ALL MOTORISTS SHOULD USE I-95 & I-195 AROUND THE CITY.
Directions to the Finish
- From the North & West: Take I-95/64 South/East to exit 76B. Turn left off the exit ramp on to Leigh Street. Turn right at the first traffic light on to Belvidere Street heading South. Monroe Park is 5 blocks ahead on the right at the intersection with Franklin Street. The finish line is three blocks west at Franklin & Shafer Street (not accessible by vehicle on race day).
- From the South: Take I-95 North to exit 74A and get on the Downtown Expressway. Take the first exit to Canal Street. Go 2 blocks and turn right onto 9th Street. Go two blocks on 9th and turn left onto Main Street. Continue approximately 1 mile to Belvidere Street. Monroe Park is located at the intersection of Belvidere and Franklin Street. The finish line is three blocks west at Franklin & Shafer Street (not accessible by vehicle on race day).
- From the East: Take I-64 West to I-95 South to exit 74A on to the Downtown Expressway. Take the first exit to Canal Street. Go 2 blocks and turn right onto 9th Street. Go two blocks on 9th and turn left onto Main Street. Continue approximately 1 mile to Belvidere Street. Monroe Park is 5 blocks ahead on the right at the intersection with Franklin Street. The finish line is three blocks west at Franklin & Shafer Street (not accessible by vehicle on race day).
Don’t want to deal with parking? Take a shuttle on race day! WINN Transportation will offer two separate shuttle pick-up locations: City Stadium and The Diamond. Anyone wishing to take advantage of the shuttle service on race day MUST purchase a wristband at the Expo during packet pick up hours. Wristbands will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are NO shuttle wristbands available for purchase on Race Day. The cost is $5 cash ($6 credit card) per person round trip from City Stadium and $8 cash ($9 credit card) per person round trip from the Diamond. The shuttle will drop off at Adams and Canal Street.
- Parking spaces are limited at both locations so carpooling is recommended. A wristband on the shuttle bus does not guarantee you a parking spot in the parking lots at either The Diamond or City Stadium. On-street parking is also available at each location.
- Shuttles will run on a continuous loop between 6:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. from each location to the drop off point. To ensure that you have enough time to walk from the drop off point to the start line, please plan to arrive at your shuttle pick up location at least 90 minutes before your wave is scheduled to start. The drop off location is 8 blocks from the 10k start area where waves begin to line up. (View map)
- Each shuttle passenger must have a wristband to board the shuttle at the pick-up locations.
- To expedite the purchase of shuttle wristbands at the expo, cash is recommended, but credit cards are accepted with an additional convenience fee.
Take Lyft to and from the race
Lyft is offering 20% off two rides on race day for Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k participants! Just use the code RIC10K when requesting your ride. Lyft will be using a designated drop off and pick-up zone on Main Street between Belvidere and Laurel Street (adjacent to Monroe Park).
Free Bike Valet service offered!
We will once again offer a FREE Bike Valet service. Instead of trying to find parking, ride your bike to the event. Bike Valet service will be available near the corner of Franklin St & Pine St from 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on Race Day for registered 10k participants. Participants will be able to check their bike, then drop their bag right next door at the Bag Check using their detachable bag check tag on their bib number.
Paid Parking Decks
Arrive early, as these spaces fill quickly, or beat the crowds and pre-purchase your parking spot for $8. The price will go up to $10 on event day. Need help figuring out the system? Check out these instructions.
No Parking & Street Closures
For a list of road closures and parking restrictions, click here.
Need a hotel?
Delta Hotels Richmond Downtown
555 E Canal Street, Richmond, VA 23219
Room rate $179.00 + tax
Call to book (804) 788-0900 or book online