To give you a little background
We live what we do. The Sports Backers staff is a passionate bunch, and we want our new team members to be passionate also. If you’re into the active lifestyle and want to help us spread the love of physical activity to the rest of Richmond, you’ve come to the right place. But just to warn you, we can’t take everyone… So dazzle us!
Social Media Manager
Sports Backers is seeking someone who can inspire more active living by taking our social media presence to the next level! Our ideal candidate loves Richmond and celebrates our active, outdoor community. If you are social media savvy and enjoy learning in a dynamic environment then this position is for you.
We are a nationally acclaimed nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring active living throughout the Richmond region. We host several renowned events, such as the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k, Dominion Energy Riverrock, and Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon. We provide free fitness classes, organize kids active living clubs, host training teams, and advocate for safe and accessible walking and biking access.
Sports Backers is seeking a Social Media Manager to represent our events and programs across multiple social media platforms—we have stories to tell, events to share, and people to inspire! This person will have a strong understanding of all the major social channels, strong project management and creative writing skills, a zeal for trying new things, and works well both within a team and independently. This role is responsible for conceiving, crafting, and executing content across platforms to support campaigns, events, programs, and other opportunities to engage and build our audience. This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
This is an office-based position located in Richmond, Virginia with the flexibility to work remotely for some of the work week. It’s all-hands on deck for events, which means some weekend work, manual labor, and an embrace of the outdoors will be required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage social media and develop on-brand organic content from concept to execution for communications across all events and programs
- Develop social media calendars and platform specific strategies
- Track deliverables to prove success and identify opportunities for growth
- Monitor incoming social media communication and responding to comments and questions in a timely manner
- Proactively collaborate with other members of the Marketing Team to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Participate in creative meetings to develop strategies and generate campaign concepts
- Support other staff in the preparation and execution of events and programs
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 1-2 years of relevant social media experience
- Portfolio of creative work highlighting creative and conceptual ideas (samples may be requested)
- Experience capturing photos and creating and editing short-form videos for social media
- Highly developed organizational skills with a keen attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and editing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with variety of audiences
- Must be a self-starter, highly independent, and capable of managing concurrent projects
Salary and Benefits:
- Annual salary $40k-$50k based on experience
- 3+ Weeks Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401k with Company Match
- Health Insurance
- Mobile Phone
- Employee Discounts on Merchandise
- Staff outings, wellness challenges, and so much more.
How to Apply:
Submit your resume, cover letter, and any applicable links to [email protected] Applications are due by January 6.
Sports Backers believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a nonprofit, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. It is the policy of Sports Backers, in accordance with all applicable laws, to provide all individuals with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, national original, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in all terms, conditions and privileges of employment. Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or willing to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting the position.
There are currently no open internships.