To give you a little background
We live what we do. The Sports Backers staff is a passionate bunch, and we want our new team members to be passionate also. If you’re into the active lifestyle and want to help us spread the love of physical activity to the rest of Richmond, you’ve come to the right place. But just to warn you, we can’t take everyone… So dazzle us!
There are currently no positions open.
The Sports Backers have three internship positions available per term and two for the school year. Terms follow the Fall, Spring and Summer seasons. Schedules are as follows and can be flexible based on an individual’s academic calendar. Oh, did we mention they were PAID?!
May – Mid-August
Mid-August – Mid-May
Each internship position listed below requires an outgoing, self-motivated individual who possesses effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Each position will require weekend and evening work surrounding our event schedule. To apply, click on the link to any position and fill out the form.
• Assist the Public Relations & Marketing department with day-to-day promotion of Sports Backers events.
• Assist with the management of the Sports Backers’ social media outlets. This includes increasing frequency of interaction, brainstorming contest ideas, and keeping the content fresh.
• Assist with graphic design and creative concepts, as well as video editing and production
• Research relevant stories and articles to feature in our e-newsletter, PULSE.
• Write articles and press releases related to Sports Backers events and people participating in them.
• Assist in monitoring the performance of digital advertisements.
Applicants are asked to submit a relevant article, feature story, blog post, or social media campaign as a writing sample along with a cover letter and resume.
• Assist full-time staff with day-to-day operations and event planning.
• Answer incoming calls and assist in answering inquiries about the Sports Backers and our events.
• Assist with distribution of promotional materials in the community.
• Assist with mail-in registration input for all events.
• Manage projects for events and serve on event committees.
• Assist with the set-up and breakdown of events both on-site and in the warehouse.
• Assist other departments with projects as needed.
Bike Walk RVA (a program of Sports Backers) is looking for a fun, creative, energetic and enthusiastic intern help promote biking and walking in the Richmond region.
• Assist Bike Walk RVA with Vision Zero efforts that include educating people who bike, walk, and drive on safe transportation habits
• Assist with our bi-annual bike/ped count program in September and May
• Significant involvement in planning and execution of RVA Bike Month (every May)
• Attend other community events to engage residents with Bike Walk RVA
• Occasionally assist with set-up and take-down of regular Sports Backers events
• Work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
• Interest in biking and walking for transportation and recreation
• Knowledge of Vision Zero, including local efforts
• Public engagement experience required
• Microsoft Office suite required
• Graphic representation desired
• Must have a positive, can-do attitude
Assist the Creative Manager to:
- Design and update print collateral for Sports Backers programs and events
- Design email graphics, proofread communications, review designs, and design other materials as needed, including t-shirt graphics
The Graphic Design Intern must be able to adhere to project deadlines, multi-task, prioritize projects, be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, able to work on a PC, able to prepare web and print-ready files, work in a team environment, and must be pursuing or have already earned an Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or related field. Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment is a plus.
The total time commitment is expected to average about 20 hours/week.