To give you a little background
We live what we do. The Sports Backers staff is a passionate bunch, and we want our new team members to be passionate also. If you’re into the active lifestyle and want to help us spread the love of physical activity to the rest of Richmond, you’ve come to the right place. But just to warn you, we can’t take everyone… So dazzle us!
We don’t currently have any open positions. Check back again soon!
The Sports Backers have three internship positions available per term and one for the school year. Terms follow the Fall, Spring and Summer seasons. Schedules are as follows and can be flexible based on an individual’s academic calendar. Oh, did we mention they were PAID?!
May – Mid-August
Mid-August – Mid-May
Each internship position listed below requires an outgoing, self-motivated individual who possesses effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Each position will require weekend and evening work surrounding our event schedule. To apply, click on the link to any position and fill out the form.
PR & Communications Intern (apply now!)
- Assist the Public Relations & Marketing department with day-to-day promotion of Sports Backers events.
- Assist with the management of the Sports Backers’ social media outlets. This includes increasing frequency of interaction, brainstorming contest ideas, and keeping the content fresh.
- Research relevant stories and articles to feature in our e-newsletter, PULSE.
- Write articles and press releases related to Sports Backers events and people participating in them.
- Assist in monitoring the performance of digital advertisements.
Event Management Intern (apply now!)
- Assist full-time staff with day-to-day operations and event planning.
- Answer incoming calls and assist in answering inquiries about the Sports Backers and our events.
- Assist with distribution of promotional materials in the community.
- Assist with mail-in registration input for all events.
- Manage projects for events and serve on event committees.
- Assist with the set-up and breakdown of events both on-site and in the warehouse.
- Assist other departments with projects as needed.