Tacky Light Run Event Details
- One water & Cookie Stop along the course
- There will be bag check on-site.
- Entertainment on the course.
- Post-Event Holiday Party
This event kicks off with one big mass start, but don’t worry, we’ll be organized about it. Line up with the group that best matches your projected pace.
- Reindeer: Runners
- Elves: Joggers
- Gingerbread Men: Jog/Walkers
- Penguins: Walk/Joggers
- Snowmen: Walkers & Strollers
Packet Pick-up will take place on Friday, December 11 from 4-7 p.m. at American Family Fitness Midlothian, 12900 Amfit Way, Midlothian, VA 23114 and Saturday, December 12 from 3-5:30 p.m. at American Family Fitness Midlothian, 12900 Amfit Way, Midlothian, VA 23114. A Photo ID required for packet pick-up. You may pick up a packet for another pre-registered participant, provided you have a copy of their photo ID.
A limited number of parking spaces are available within walking distance to the site on a first come, first serve basis. Here is a list of options:
- Surface lots off of Walton Park Lane & Browns Hill Court near The Goddard School & MEDI Weightloss Clinic (approx. 0.3 miles from the start/finish area)
- First Citizens Bank off of Midlothian Tpke. (approx. 0.3 miles from the start/finish area)
- The Millworks at the Green (approx. 0.4 miles from the start/finish area)
- Midlothian Middle School (approx. .7 mile from the start/finish area)
- JB Watkins Elementary (approx. 1 mile from the start/finish area)
Additional parking along with a shuttle service will be available at:
- John Tyler Community College in Lots A, B, and D (800 Charter Colony Pkwy, Midlothian, VA 23114) – use the Greenway Crossing Drive entrance off of Charter Colony Pkwy
- NOTE: John Tyler Community College shuttles will drop off and re-board at Woolridge Road and Mid-Lothian Mines Park/Start/Finish Festival.
- Midlothian High School (401 Charter Colony Pkwy Midlothian, VA 23114)
- NOTE: Midlothian High School shuttles will drop off and re-board at Woolrdidge Road and Mid-Lothian Mines Park/Start/Finish Festival.
**Shuttle service will begin at 2:45 p.m. from each of these lots. Allow 30 minutes for getting from the off-site parking lots to the event site.
Rules & Safety
- NO ALCOHOL may be consumed before the event.
- You may NOT bring outside alcohol.
- Minimum Age to run or walk is 5. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Strollers, Joggers, Wagons and Backpacks – Strollers, joggers and carriers are permitted but if you are using one of these things to take children along the course, please be sure to sign the waiver for the child at packet pickup and receive your stroller tag. The tag must be attached in plain view on the stroller/jogger/carrier, etc., before you are allowed on the course.
- No dogs allowed – For the safety of all participants, dogs are not allowed in the event.
Become a Vendor
Would your company like to join in the holiday festivities? Click here (link coming soon) to download a vendor application. All applications will be reviewed, and applicants will be notified upon approval.