We are the Sports Backers
Sports Backers pursues a goal to transform greater Richmond into the most physically active community in the nation by leading the area in embracing and celebrating an active lifestyle. Our Events and Programs are designed to foster active lifestyles for everyone.
- Second batch of Richmond bike/ped counts wrap up! Tuesday, October 14th
- Bike Walk RVA Academy off to a strong start. Monday, October 13th
- Middle schoolers struggle with biking and walking on Forest Hill Ave Tuesday, October 7th
- Bike lanes currently being installed on Forest Hill Ave! Monday, September 29th
- Buffered bike lanes on MLK Viaduct completed! Tuesday, September 23rd
There are 6,500 people annually that volunteer to make the Sports Backers organization and its events and programs the success they are today. With your support, we can make this region a more attractive and vibrant place to live where safe opportunities to walk, run, bike, swim, or workout abound and where access to these activities are available to all.