We are Sports Backers
Sports Backers, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, pursues a goal to transform greater Richmond into the most physically active community in the nation by leading the area in embracing and celebrating an active lifestyle. Our Events and Programs are designed to foster active lifestyles for everyone.
- Tips for Running in the Heat Wednesday, June 24th
- Marathon Training Team Q&A: Shihan Wijeyeratne Tuesday, June 23rd
- Church Hill North Better Block Project: One Year Later Tuesday, June 23rd
- RVA Streets Alive! to Play In The Streets at Byrd Park This Saturday Wednesday, June 17th
- Sports Backers, Ragnar Announce Partnership for Ragnar Trail Richmond-VA Relay Thursday, June 11th
There are 6,500 people annually that volunteer to make the Sports Backers organization and its events and programs the success they are today. With your support, we can make this region a more attractive and vibrant place to live where safe opportunities to walk, run, bike, swim, or workout abound and where access to these activities are available to all.