We are Sports Backers
Sports Backers, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, pursues a goal to transform greater Richmond into the most physically active community in the nation by leading the area in embracing and celebrating an active lifestyle. Our Events and Programs are designed to foster active lifestyles for everyone.
Improving quality life for all Richmonders through physical activity and making Richmond the most active region in the country.
Bike Walk RVA
Advocating for comfortable and connected places to bike and walk for people of all ages and abilities in greater Richmond. Biking and walking for everyday transportation should be accessible to everyone.
Kids Run RVA
Young people are key to the Active RVA movement, so we created Kids Run RVA -- the umbrella program for all of Sports Backers' youth programs.
Keep It Moving
We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to live an active lifestyle. Regardless of your neighborhood, income, or cultural background--being active is important to your overall health & well-being.
- Announcing the 2016 Class of Fitness Warriors Wednesday, July 20th
- Bike Advocacy Groups Play Big Role in RVA to DC Ride Thursday, July 14th
- A look back on our third RVA Bike Month. Monday, July 11th
- An update on the Bike Walk RVA Academy! Friday, July 8th
- Partnership of Local Nonprofits Announces 'Mayorathon 2016' Candidates Forum Thursday, June 16th
There are 6,500 people annually that volunteer to make the Sports Backers organization and its events and programs the success they are today. With your support, we can make this region a more attractive and vibrant place to live where safe opportunities to walk, run, bike, swim, or workout abound and where access to these activities are available to all.