Pricing and Information
Through September 29 $55
- 8-week training program starting Saturday, September 19 with a detailed written schedule.
- Personal guidance from a team of experienced coaches
- Organized and supported Saturday group runs at 8 different locations (plus a traveling team!)
- Sports Backers 8k Training Team shirt
- Teams built around experience and ability, so you’re training with others of similar pace.
- 2020 Allianz Partners 8k entry and all associated race benefits (including participant shirt)
- Access to clinics on shoes and running attire and what to expect on race day.
Complete or Compete?
No matter your goal, the Sports Backers 8k Training Team is designed for you!
Are you ready to have a good time completing the 2020 Allianz Partners 8k with your friends, family, and team mates? Whether you are new to running and/or walking, or coming back after an injury, this group is designed for folks like you who want to complete the big race – and plan to wear a big smile with your medal – no matter how fast or slow you go!
You feel the need for speed – and are willing to push yourself a little harder this year – to run or walk a little fast this year! How do you race faster? You have to train faster! While we can’t promise to transform your performance in 8 weeks, we can help you incorporate speed-building intervals safely!
Income Based Rate
At Sports Backers, our mission is to inspire people from all corners of our community to live actively. Engaging underserved populations is one of our core values and one way we act on this value is by offering Income Based Rates for all of our training teams. These special rates are offered to those who qualify and would otherwise not be able to participate.
Those who make $25,000 or less annually or receive proven TANF, Food Stamp or Energy Assistance Benefits from Social Services and are not currently claimed as a dependent by anyone making above $25,000 annually are eligible for a special $10 rate for the 8k Training Team. Please provide one of the following documents for verification:
- Verification/Eligibility letter from Social Services
- Most Recent Tax Return
For those that qualify for the income-based entry fee, please come by our office or mail the completed entry form and your verification document to Sports Backers, 100 Avenue of Champions, Richmond, VA 23230
For more information, please call (804) 285-9495 x250.
There will be clinics held on topics from injury prevention to nutrition to shoes. Check back as this list gets updated.
- Training Team entry fees are non-refundable, no exceptions. Once we receive your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate or are unable to complete the program.
- You may defer your 2020 Sports Backers 8k Training Team entry to the 2021 8k Training Team through the start of training on September 19. After that date, there will be no more deferrals. Please note that your free entry in the 2020 Allianz Partners 8k, by itself, may not be deferred to the 2021 event.
- Strollers/Baby joggers are not permitted at group runs or in the Allianz Partners 8k.
- You must be at least 8 years of age to participate. If you are under the age of 16, you must have a parent/guardian present for all training runs.