CarMax Tacky Light Run
Christmas in July
Adult $33 / Youth $18 (ages 4-14)
July 29 – September 30
Adult $37/ Youth $22
October 1 – November 17
Adult $42/ Youth $25
November 18 – December 9
Adult $50/ Youth $30
Income-based rates are available. Details can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Santa Tracker – bib
- Admission to the North Pole
- Ornament Finisher Medal
- Choice of a train themed beanie or short sleeve t-shirt
- Plenty of Photo Ops
- Wegmans Candy Cane WOs
Please note: Secret Santa Glow Kits and other holiday-themed merchandise are available during the online registration process for an additional fee.
Do you have holiday spirit? Dig out your grandmother’s favorite holiday sweater, charge those battery packs, and buy all the garland you can afford, because our costume contest and neighborhood superlatives are your chance to prove if you’re as serious as Santa! We have awards up for grabs!
Entry fees are non-refundable, even in the case of a race cancellation, event postponement, even format changes, and/or if you are unable to participate. Race numbers and entries cannot be transferred to another person. No exceptions. This means once we have received your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, and you may not give or sell your number to anyone else. Anyone found participating with another person’s number will be disqualified and both people will be barred from future Sports Backers events, including the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k and Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon. Sorry y’all, but no dogs allowed.
Race Day Information
- One melted snowman & Santa Snack Cookie Stop while on the course
- Entertainment along the course
- Post-Event admission to the party at the North Pole
This event kicks off with one big mass start, but don’t worry, we’ll be organized about it. Line up with the group that best matches your projected pace.
- Reindeer: Runners
- Elves: Joggers
- Gingerbread Men: Jog/Walkers
- Penguins: Walk/Joggers
- Snowmen: Walkers & Strollers
Packet Pick-Up at Santa’s Workshop
Santa’s Workshop will be open on Friday, December 8 from 4 – 6 p.m. at American Family Fitness (12900 Amfit Way, Midlothian, VA 23114) and Saturday, December 9 from 2:30 – 6 p.m. at the North Pole at Mid-Lothian Mines Park. A Photo ID required for packet pick-up. You may pick up a packet for another pre-registered participant, provided you have a copy of their photo ID.
You can speed up the pick up process by having your Registration QR code or a photo ID handy when you arrive.
A limited number of surface lot parking spaces are available within walking distance to the start/finish area. If you are driving a group, we strongly suggest you drop off your elves at the official ride share drop off location, The Millworks at the Green. The Polar Express pick up will be available at Brightpoint Community College beginning at 4pm. Allow 30 minutes for getting from the off-site parking lots to the event site.
North Pole Guidelines
- NO ALCOHOL may be consumed before the event.
- You may NOT bring outside alcohol.
- Minimum Age to run or walk is 4. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Strollers, Joggers, Wagons and Backpacks – Strollers, joggers and carriers are permitted but if you are using one of these things to take children along the course, please be sure to sign the waiver for the child at packet pickup and receive your stroller tag. The tag must be attached in plain view on the stroller/jogger/carrier, etc., before you are allowed on the course.
- No dogs allowed – For the safety of all participants, dogs are not allowed in the event.
Become a Vendor
Would your company like to join in the holiday festivities? Click here to complete the vendor application. All applications will be reviewed, and applicants will be notified upon approval.
Income Based Rate
At Sports Backers, our mission is to inspire people to live actively. Engaging underserved populations is one of our core values and one way we act on this value is by offering Income Based Rates for our events. These special rates are offered to those who qualify and would otherwise not be able to participate.
Those who qualify are eligible for the special $15 rate for the CarMax Tacky Light Run. To learn more and apply please visit the Income Based Rate page.
Questions? Need more information, please email [email protected].