Pricing and Information
Through January 15, 2019
Special $10 Income Based Rate for those who qualify. See qualification details below under “Special Rates” or email us at [email protected].
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on February 8
Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be deferred to another year.
Once again, we are offering a special income based rate for individuals that would like to take part. In order to qualify for the income based rate, individuals must have an income of less than $25,000/year. Anyone interested in taking advantage of this income-based entry free, visit the Sports Backers office located at 100 Avenue of Champions, Richmond, VA 23230 to apply. Please bring with you this completed form along with one of the following:
- Verification/Eligibility letter from Social Services
- 2 most recent paystubs
- Tax return
- YMCA income-based rate participant verified by YMCA
- Entry in the April 13, 2019 Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k
- Ten-week training program (starts on Saturday, February 2) with a detailed written schedule
- Guidance from experienced coaches
- Organized weekly group runs/walks (For those who would like to opt out of the group runs/walks, simply sign up for our Virtual YMCA 10k Training Team during registration. You’ll still receive all of the perks, but you’ll train on your own.)
- A special YMCA 10k Training Team shirt
- Special clinics on subjects like running shoes and other related topics
- Non-YMCA members receive a Guest Pass for 10 free YMCA visits during the Training Team period.
- Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be deferred to another year.
Walker – Walking and only walking
Novice Runners – Folks just starting to run; Training includes some run/walk
Intermediate Runners – Those runners currently capable of running 9-12 miles a week
Not sure what group you belong in? Take a look at the Week One Training Team Schedule.
When you arrive for the first Group Run/Walk on Saturday, February 2, you will receive a training booklet with the complete ten-week training schedule. Every Saturday you will meet at your group training location (at the time designated by that location). The other days of the week, you will be on your own to follow the training schedule.
If you sign up for the Virtual YMCA 10k Training Team, you’ll receive your training booklet in the mail. Your special YMCA 10k Training Team shirt and YMCA Guest Pass will also be mailed.
To learn more about the YMCA 10k Training Team, please join us at the informational session listed below (we will also be streaming it on Facebook Live).
- Check back in early January 2019
Virtual 10k Training Team
Do you want the YMCA 10k training team plan and support but can’t make it to the weekly group runs? You can now sign up for our Virtual 10k Training Team, an extension of the YMCA 10k Training Team! Just select “Virtual – Train on my own” when registering for the YMCA 10k Training Team and selecting your training location.
Carrie Parker once again leads the YMCA 10k Training Team in 2019, bringing with her nine years of experience with the Sports Backers Marathon Training Team and two years coaching the Sports Backers Duathlon Training Team. She actively supports and trains with many athletes within our local community. She’s deeply grounded with the desire to see everyone get active and happy, regardless of the speed or the distances…so let’s get moving! She can be reached at [email protected].
- Strollers/Baby joggers are not permitted at group runs (except at Deep Run Park or Rockwood Park) or in the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k.
- You must be at least 6 years of age to participate. If you are under the age of 16, you must have a parent/guardian present for all training runs.