Pricing and Information
$55 through November 30, 2019
Special $10 Income Based Rate for those who qualify. See qualification details below under “Income Based Rate” or email us at [email protected].
Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be deferred to another year.
Income Based Rate
At Sports Backers, our mission is to inspire people from all corners of our community to live actively. Engaging underserved populations is one of our core values and one way we act on this value is by offering Income Based Rates for all of our training teams. These special rates are offered to those who qualify and would otherwise not be able to participate.
Those who make $25,000 or less annually or receive proven TANF, Food Stamp or Energy Assistance Benefits from Social Services and are not currently claimed as a dependent by anyone making above $25,000 annually are eligible for a special $10 rate for the 10k Training Team. Please provide one of the following documents for verification:
- Verification/Eligibility letter from Social Services
- Tax return
- YMCA income-based rate participant verified by YMCA
For those that qualify for the income-based entry fee, please come by our office or mail this completed form and your verification document to Sports Backers, 100 Avenue of Champions, Richmond, VA 23230
- Entry in the March 28, 2020 Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k
- Ten-week training program (starts on Saturday, January 18) with a detailed written schedule
- Guidance from experienced coaches
- Organized weekly group runs/walks (For those who would like to opt out of the group runs/walks, simply sign up for our Virtual YMCA 10k Training Team during registration. You’ll still receive all of the perks, but you’ll train on your own.)
- A special YMCA 10k Training Team shirt
- Special clinics on subjects like running shoes and other related topics
- Non-YMCA members receive a Guest Pass for 10 free YMCA visits during the Training Team period.
- Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be deferred to another year.
(Walkers & Novice)
You are excited to jumpstart or restart your fitness journey, you have been approved by a medical professional to participate in an exercise program and you have your eye on the prize- Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K presented by Kroger. This 10-week plan is designed to prepare you to complete the 10K, regardless of your speed. You have done minimal to light exercise. You want to have fun while getting out and moving!
You have been walking or running routinely (approximately 9-12 miles a week comfortably outside) and you are ready to up your game and pace by adding some more intense workouts into your training schedule. This 10-week plan is designed to train you to race faster in the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K presented by Kroger, regardless if you are walking or running.
Not sure what group you belong in? Take a look at the Training Team Schedule for the first two weeks.
When you arrive for the first Group Run/Walk on Saturday, January 18, you will receive a training booklet with the complete ten-week training schedule. Every Saturday you will meet at your group training location (at the time designated by that location). The other days of the week, you will be on your own to follow the training schedule.
If you sign up for the Virtual YMCA 10k Training Team, you’ll receive your training booklet in the mail. Your special YMCA 10k Training Team shirt and YMCA Guest Pass will also be mailed.
To learn more about the YMCA 10k Training Team, please join us at the informational session:
- Check back in December for a meeting time and location
Virtual 10k Training Team
Do you want the YMCA 10k training team plan and support but can’t make it to the weekly group runs? You can now sign up for our Virtual 10k Training Team, an extension of the YMCA 10k Training Team! Just select “Virtual – Train on my own” when registering for the YMCA 10k Training Team and selecting your training location.
Carrie Parker once again leads the YMCA 10k Training Team in 2020, bringing with her ten years of experience with the Sports Backers Marathon Training Team and two years coaching the Sports Backers Duathlon Training Team. She actively supports and trains with many athletes within our local community. She’s deeply grounded with the desire to see everyone get active and happy, regardless of the speed or the distances…so let’s get moving! She can be reached at [email protected].
- Strollers/Baby joggers are not permitted at group runs (except at Deep Run Park or Rockwood Park) or in the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k.
- You must be at least 6 years of age to participate. If you are under the age of 16, you must have a parent/guardian present for all training runs.
You may defer your registration from the 2020 YMCA 10k Training Team to 2021 until training begins on January 18. Once training is underway, deferrals will no longer be offered. Deferred registrations may not be transferred to another person. Refunds will not be issued under any circumstances. The fee to defer a registration is $10 and may be used only for the 2021 event. You may only defer an entry once (i.e., if you deferred your 2020 entry to 2021, you will not be able to defer it again in 2021 to 2022). There will be no deferrals at the race expo. For instructions on how to defer your entry, click here or email us.