Scholar-Athlete of the Month
Due to COVID-19 and the delay of all VHSL sports seasons, we are postponing the Scholar-Athlete of the Month program to the 2021-2022 school year.
Know a standout student-athlete?
The nomination period has been delayed but when we begin accepting monthly nominations, they must be made by the school’s activities director or the athlete’s coach, and should be based upon the following criteria:
- Must be in grade 9, 10, 11 or 12.
- 3.0 GPA from the previous semester.
- Current good academic standing.
- Good character.
A student may be nominated for Scholar-Athlete of the Month by submitting the online nomination form.
Monthly winners are normally selected for September through April of each academic school year but this year that will be adjusted based on the delayed and condensed VHSL sports seasons. As season schedules are confirmed later this Fall, we will also make updates to the program accordingly. Nominations are accepted during the first week of each month to nominate a student for the previous month. (For example, to nominate a student-athlete for accomplishments during the month of January, the nomination window is open during the first week of February). One boy and one girl are selected from all of the nominations each month to be recognized as the Scholar-Athlete of the Month. The winners are typically featured in the Sports section of the Richmond Times-Dispatch on the third Friday of the month.
2019-20 Monthly honorees
Read more about the 2019-20 Scholar-Athlete of the Month winners.
- Megan McDonald, Douglas Freeman (September)
- TreVeyon Henderson, Hopewell (September)
- Mollie Schuma, Trinity (October)
- Mark Autry, Monacan (October)
- Mary Caroline Heinen, Maggie Walker (November)
- Joseph Eliades, Hopewell (November)
- Willa Shannon, St. Catherine’s (December)
- Atesh Camurdan, Trinity Episcopal (December)
- Sydney Whiting, Trinity Episcopal (January)
- Simeone Holmes, Cosby (January)
- Caroline Bowe, Midlothian (February)
- Bo Kite, Deep Run (February)