Active Living Leadership Stars Program
Training and supporting the next generation of community leaders
The Sports Backers/Richmond Times-Dispatch Active Living Leadership (ALL) Stars program will provide education, hands-on experiences, and mentorship to a cohort of approximately 20 Scholar-Athletes from the Richmond region, providing these students an opportunity to earn a minimum of a $2,500 upon completion of the program.
Throughout the program, ALL Stars will work together in small groups (crews) with the support of a mentor. There will be assigned reading materials, videos, and podcasts that each ALL Star will complete and then discuss within their crews. ALL Stars will work together, with the support of their mentor, to complete a capstone project that addresses an identified need in the active living community.
What to Expect
Earn a Scholarship
- All accepted scholar-athletes will earn a $2,500 scholarship for completing the program requirements.
- Additional awards and scholarships can be earned along the way!
Learn Valuable Skills
- Explore what contributes to an active community, existing inequities, and how you can make a difference in your community.
- Learn how to transfer your existing skills to a successful future.
Give Back to Our Community
- Volunteer with with local organizations.
- Work towards a capstone project that will benefit our community.
Mentorship and Network of Community Leaders
- Get exposure to local leaders and college athletes.
- Develop strong relationships with your program mentor and cohort.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible for the ALL Stars program, students must meet the following criteria:
- This program is designed for rising, college-bound senior scholar-athletes in the Richmond MSA.
- You must be nominated by a school personnel to be invited to apply.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrated academic achievement, athletic accolades, and community involvement.
- Additional consideration will be given to applicants with demonstrated financial need.
Know a standout scholar-athlete? Nominate your student by submitting the online nomination form. Nominations are accepted through the end of March and must be made by school personnel (i.e. Coach, Athletic Director, Teacher, etc.).
We will reach out to select students to apply for the program once the nominations close.
Have questions? Contact our Director of Youth Programs, Jacki Quinlan, at [email protected] for support.