Kids Run Event Details
Health & Fitness Expo (Packet Pick Up)
Just like the 10kers, Kids Run participants get the full race weekend experience, too! Click here for full Expo/Packet Pick Up details.
*There is NO packet pick up on Race Day.
Pre-Race Warm Up
Please join us for some music and fun beginning at 7:15 a.m. outside VCU’s Shaffer Dining Hall near the kids run start line.
Park Avenue near Harrison Street
- ONE parent or guardian may run with any child age 8 or younger. The parent or guardian must agree to this waiver while registering the child online or bring a signed copy to packet pick up. At packet pick up, the parent or guardian will receive a special bib that MUST be worn and be visible during the event.
- Participants will line up in waves based on age (and corresponding bib color) and will start as follows:
|Wave||Bib Color||Ages||Start Time|
Franklin and Shafer St. (same as the 10k finish)
- Finishers enter the finish line chute and are awarded their medals.
- Children proceed to the Kids Run Meeting Area:
- Location: Shafer Court & Franklin St.
- Secured with barricade and staffed by helpful volunteers and sheriff’s deputies
- ONE parent may enter the meeting area Entrance. Do NOT try to enter through the end of the finish corral.
- Once you find your child(ren), head for the exits. Please be patient as personnel check each group, confirming that the children are leaving with the person who brought them – remember, this is to ensure the safety of your children!
Incentives to Run!
Get your kids moving with the Sports Backers Kids Challenge, a FREE incentive-based fitness program for elementary school-aged children in the Richmond region. Learn more about the challenge beginning in January.
Compete for the Mayor’s Cup!
All RPS elementary school students are invited to participate in the 2019 inaugural Mayor’s Cup competition. Click here for details.