Kids Run Event Details
Health & Fitness Expo (Packet Pick Up)
Just like the 10kers, Kids Run participants get the full race weekend experience, too! Click here for full Expo/Packet Pick Up details.
*There is NO packet pick up on Race Day.
Pre-Race Warm Up
Please join us for some music and fun beginning at 7:15 a.m. outside VCU’s Shaffer Dining Hall near the kids run start line.
Shafer Court near Cathedral Place
- ONE parent may run with any child age 8 or younger.
- Participants will line up in waves based on age (and corresponding bib color) and will start as follows:
|Wave||Bib Color||Ages||Start Time|
Franklin and Shafer St. (same as the 10k finish)
- Finishers enter the finish line chute and are awarded their medals.
- Children proceed to the Kids Run Meeting Area:
- Location: Shafer Court & Franklin St.
- Secured with barricade and staffed by helpful volunteers and sheriff’s deputies
- ONE parent may enter the meeting area Entrance. Do NOT try to enter through the end of the finish corral.
- Once you find your child(ren), head for the exits. Please be patient as personnel check each group, confirming that the children are leaving with the person who brought them – remember, this is to ensure the safety of your children!
Incentives to Run!
Get your kids moving with the Sports Backers Kids Challenge, a FREE incentive-based fitness program for elementary school-aged children in the Richmond region. Learn more about the challenge beginning in January.