CarMax Tacky Light Run Event Details
- One melted snowman & Santa Snack Cookie Stop while on the course
- Entertainment along the course
- Post-Event admission to the party at the North Pole
This event kicks off with one big mass start, but don’t worry, we’ll be organized about it. Line up with the group that best matches your projected pace.
- Reindeer: Runners
- Elves: Joggers
- Gingerbread Men: Jog/Walkers
- Penguins: Walk/Joggers
- Snowmen: Walkers & Strollers
Packet Pick-Up at Santa’s Workshop
Santa’s Workshop will be open on Friday, December 10 from 4 – 6 p.m. at the Food Lion Party Den (3001 N Arthur Ashe Boulevard) and Saturday, December 11 from 4 – 6 p.m. at the North Pole at Mid-Lothian Mines Park. A Photo ID required for packet pick-up. You may pick up a packet for another pre-registered participant, provided you have a copy of their photo ID.
You can speed up the pick up process by knowing your Santa Tracker number when you arrive. You can look it up here (available beginning Thursday afternoon, December 9).
A limited number of surface lot parking spaces are available within walking or biking distance to the start/finish area. Due to driver shortages, there is a reduced number of Polar Express shuttles. If you are driving a group, we strongly suggest you drop off your elves at the official ride share drop off location, The Millworks at the Green, before parking at the Polar Express pick up, John Tyler Community College. Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes for getting from these off-site parking lots to the event site. Click here for additional parking details.
North Pole Guidelines
- NO ALCOHOL may be consumed before the event.
- You may NOT bring outside alcohol.
- Minimum Age to run or walk is 5. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Strollers, Joggers, Wagons and Backpacks – Strollers, joggers and carriers are permitted but if you are using one of these things to take children along the course, please be sure to sign the waiver for the child at packet pickup and receive your stroller tag. The tag must be attached in plain view on the stroller/jogger/carrier, etc., before you are allowed on the course.
- No dogs allowed – For the safety of all participants, dogs are not allowed in the event.
Become a Vendor
Would your company like to join in the holiday festivities? Click here (link coming soon) to download a vendor application. All applications will be reviewed, and applicants will be notified upon approval.