CarMax Tacky Light Run Event Details
- One melted snowman & Santa Snack Cookie Stop along the course
- There will be present layaway (bag check) on-site.
- Entertainment on the course.
- Post-Event admission to the party at the North Pole
This event kicks off with one big mass start, but don’t worry, we’ll be organized about it. Line up with the group that best matches your projected pace.
- Reindeer: Runners
- Elves: Joggers
- Gingerbread Men: Jog/Walkers
- Penguins: Walk/Joggers
- Snowmen: Walkers & Strollers
Packet Pick-Up at Santa’s Workshop
Santa’s Workshop will be open on Friday, December 13 from 4-6:30 p.m. at American Family Fitness Midlothian, 12900 Amfit Way, Midlothian, VA 23114 and Saturday, December 14 from 3-5:30 p.m. at the North Pole at Mid-Lothian Mines Park. A Photo ID required for packet pick-up. You may pick up a packet for another pre-registered participant, provided you have a copy of their photo ID.
You can speed up the pick up process by knowing your Santa Tracker number when you arrive. You can look it up here (available beginning Thursday afternoon, December 12).
A limited number of parking spaces are available within walking distance to the site on a first come, first serve basis. Here is a list of options:
- Surface lots off of Walton Park Lane & Browns Hill Court near The Goddard School & MEDI Weightloss Clinic (approx. 0.3 miles from the start/finish area)
- First Citizens Bank off of Midlothian Tpke. (approx. 0.3 miles from the start/finish area)
- The Millworks at the Green (approx. 0.4 miles from the start/finish area)
- Midlothian Middle School (approx. .7 mile from the start/finish area)
- JB Watkins Elementary (approx. 1 mile from the start/finish area)
Polar Express Parking**
Additional parking and Polar Express pick up will be available at:
- John Tyler Community College in Lots A, B, and D (800 Charter Colony Pkwy, Midlothian, VA 23114) – use the Greenway Crossing Drive entrance off of Charter Colony Pkwy
- NOTE: John Tyler Community College shuttles will drop off and re-board at Woolridge Road and Mid-Lothian Mines Park/Start/Finish Festival.
- Midlothian High School (401 Charter Colony Pkwy Midlothian, VA 23114)
- NOTE: Midlothian High School shuttles will drop off and re-board at Woolrdidge Road and Mid-Lothian Mines Park/Start/Finish Festival.
**The Polar Express will begin at 2:45 p.m. from each of these lots. Allow 30 minutes for getting from the off-site parking lots to the event site.
Focus on the fun, not on parking!
LYFT is providing 25% off two rides with code TACKYLIGHTS to get you to and from the CarMax Tacky Light Run. There is a designated LYFT drop off and pick up area conveniently located on Amfit Way (click here for map), a short walk to the North Pole (Mines Park) and the start/finish line.
North Pole Guidelines
- NO ALCOHOL may be consumed before the event.
- You may NOT bring outside alcohol.
- Minimum Age to run or walk is 5. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Strollers, Joggers, Wagons and Backpacks – Strollers, joggers and carriers are permitted but if you are using one of these things to take children along the course, please be sure to sign the waiver for the child at packet pickup and receive your stroller tag. The tag must be attached in plain view on the stroller/jogger/carrier, etc., before you are allowed on the course.
- No dogs allowed – For the safety of all participants, dogs are not allowed in the event.
Become a Vendor
Would your company like to join in the holiday festivities? Click here (link coming soon) to download a vendor application. All applications will be reviewed, and applicants will be notified upon approval.