Patrick Henry Half Marathon Event Details
- Photo ID required for packet pick-up. You may pick up a packet for another pre-registered runner, provided you have a copy of their photo ID.
- 3-Hour Time Limit (13:43 per mile pace) – You must reach the designated checkpoints at the 6.5-mile mark by 8:30 a.m. and the 10-mile mark by 9:18 a.m. or you will be asked to board the shuttle to the finish. The course closes at 10 a.m. and will no longer have traffic protection, medical aid or water stops.
Packet Pick-up will take place at the Blackwell Auditorium
- 205 Henry St, Ashland, VA 23005
- Friday, August 24th 3:00-7:00 p.m.
Packet Pick-up on race day will be available at the Start/Finish area
- Corner of North Center Street & Henry Clay Road
- 5:30-6:45 a.m.
Parking on Race Day
Carpooling strongly encouraged! A map of the start finish area and directions can be found here. A map with available race day parking can be found here. Since parking in Ashland is at a premium, participants are strongly encouraged to carpool to the race. Reduce congestion, save yourself some gas money and share the experience with your friends. These are all great reasons to all drive together.
- Overall male and female
- Top-3 male and female masters
- Top-3 in each age group: 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80 & over.
Overall awards are determined by clock time; age group awards by chip time. All awards will be mailed out after the race around early October.
- Bag Check at the Start (mark with name and bib number!)
- Diamond Springs water and sports drinks at miles 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Energy Gels
- Port-o-johns at Start/Finish and near water stops
- Top-notch medical support
- Post-race celebration with plenty of free food and drinks
- This race is conducted under the rules of USATF and the Road Runners Club of America.
- In consideration of the safety of all participants, NO STROLLERS, BABY JOGGERS, IN-LINE SKATES, SKATEBOARDS, BICYCLES, HANDCYCLES, OR ANIMALS ON LEASHES will be allowed on the course.
- NO HEADPHONES or personal listening devices will be allowed. This will be strictly enforced.
- Once received, entries are non-refundable and may not be deferred to a future year. Entries may not be transferred or given to another person.
RRRC Grand Prix Race
The Patrick Henry Half Marathon is a Richmond Road Runners Club Grand Prix Race. Each year the club runs a series of races, and members collect points by placing or volunteering at the events. At the end of the year the male and female winners are announced as the Grand Prix Champions at the club’s annual banquet.