Marathon Jr. Event Details
Packet pick-up will take place on Saturday, October 26, beginning at 10 a.m. and will be located under a tent at Byrd Park adjacent to the south side of Fountain Lake. Remember all participants must come to packet pick-up in order to receive your bib number and be allowed to participate. Come early and enjoy the event festival, which will feature all kinds of games and activities for the entire family!
There is some parking available at the Carillon. And, there is on-street parking available in surrounding neighborhoods.
It’s Halloween, y’all! Dress up & have run!
Give your Halloween costume a test “run” and wear it during the Whole Foods Market Marathon Jr. We’ll be awarding prizes to the most “BOO-tiful” costumes! You could be our Hallo-winner!
In order to enter the costume contest, check in at the Sports Backers registration tent on-site from 10 a.m. until Noon and be dressed to impress! You must be a registered participant of the event to enter the costume contest.
Train with us
We want to help you get to the finish line of the Whole Foods Market Marathon Jr. Follow our training guide and log your progress to make sure you are properly prepared for this event.
All finishers will receive a finisher medal.
Rules & Helpful hints
- Parents may run with kids aged 8 and under. No bicycles, baby joggers/strollers or pets are allowed on the course.
- As the kids enter the finish chute they will receive a medal and will be directed to the Kids Run Meeting Area.
- Family and friends MUST meet runners in the Kids Run Meeting Area, which will be located adjacent to the Finish Line. There will be a designated entrance and two designated exits to this area. In order to alleviate congestion in the meeting area and exits, we ask that only one adult enter the meeting area to reunite with a child/children. No child will be able to leave the meeting area without an accompanying adult.
- Please remember that the Kids Run Meeting Area is just a meeting area and not a holding area. It is your responsibility to make arrangements to meet your child at the meeting area after the race. Once reunited with your child, please proceed to one of the designated exits.
- No animals are allowed in the Kids Run Meeting Area.
- The volunteer check-in tent, which is the same location as packet pick-up, just west of the Kids Meeting Area, has been designated as the meeting site for people who are lost. If you and your child get separated, please report to the volunteer check-in tent.