Marathon Jr. Event Details
Packet pick-up will take place on Saturday, October 30, beginning at 8 a.m. and will be located at Sports Backers Stadium. Remember all participants must come to packet pick-up in order to receive your bib number and be allowed to participate. Come early and enjoy the event festival, which will feature all kinds of games and activities for the entire family!
Please park in the Green Lot at The Diamond. You can enter the Green Lot through the Robinhood Road entrance.
It’s Halloween, y’all! Dress up & run!
Give your Halloween costume a test “run” and wear it during the Marathon Jr. We’ll be awarding prizes to the most “BOO-tiful” costumes! You could be our Hallo-winner!
In order to enter the costume contest, check in at the Sports Backers packet pick-up tent on-site from 8 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. and be dressed to impress! You must be a registered participant of the event to enter the costume contest.
Train with us
We want to help you get to the finish line of the Marathon Jr. Join the Fall Fit Club and get ready to have a blast as you go on a 8-week virtual fitness journey with kids from across RVA! Kids will complete 5 activities each week and have the chance to earn prizes along the way, including a Fall Fit Club t-shirt.
All finishers will receive a finisher medal and event shirt.
Rules & Helpful hints
- Parents may run with kids aged 8 and under. No bicycles, baby joggers/strollers or pets are allowed on the course.
- Masks will be required by everyone attending the event, except when exercising.
- As the kids enter the finish chute they will receive a medal and will be directed to the Kids Run Meeting Area.
- Family and friends MUST meet runners in the Kids Run Meeting Area, which will be located in the stadium stands. There will be a designated entrance and two designated exits to this area. In order to alleviate congestion in the meeting area and exits, we ask that only one adult enter the meeting area to reunite with a child/children. No child will be able to leave the meeting area without an accompanying adult.
- Please remember that the Kids Run Meeting Area is just a meeting area and not a holding area. It is your responsibility to make arrangements to meet your child at the meeting area after the race. Once reunited with your child, please proceed to one of the designated exits.
- No animals are allowed in the Kids Run Meeting Area.
- The volunteer check-in tent, which is the same location as packet pick-up, has been designated as the meeting site for people who are lost. If you and your child get separated, please report to the volunteer check-in tent.