Team Captain Info
Join us at the Team Captain Rally
Join us at the Innsbrook Capital Ale House on Wednesday, July 28 from 5 – 7 p.m. for our Team Captain Rally and learn about the event, network with other team captains, and win prizes! To R.S.V.P. for the event, please fill out this form.
Team Captain Toolkit
Spread the word and encourage your team! To help, we’ve created a Team Toolkit for you to use to promote your team on social, encourage team goal setting and strategies, and top reasons why you should continue to encourage physical activity among your employees.
Create a Team
- Create a team here
Once your team is set up, individuals can begin registering themselves. (Captains, don’t forget to sign up to participate.)
Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
There are three payment options available to all teams:
1. COMPANY IS INVOICED AND SUBMITS ONE PAYMENT for all team members
Credit card information is not required upfront by the team captain or the individual team members. Upon creating your team, enter the % of the costs you are willing to pay for employees. You will be able to select how many employees you’d like to pay for and when a cut off date of when you’d like to stop paying for employees. An invoice will be generated and emailed to the team captain. Captains can view their invoices and payments on the Team Captain page. The deadline for this option is September 10 and payment is due by September 22. Payment is accepted by either check or credit card in our online system.
2. TEAM MEMBERS PAY INDIVIDUALLY
Credit card payment is required at the time of registration by each individual team member.
3. COMPANY PAYS UPFRONT FOR A PRE-PAID FIXED NUMBER of Team Members
Set up your team and do not select that you’d like to pay for any members. When you get to the Team Captain page you can select ‘Purchase Entries’ under ‘Pre-Paid Packages’. You can then select a number of entries you’d like to cover and pay by credit card. You may go back to manage your team at any time to purchase additional entries. All pre-paid entries must be used by the close of Event Day Registration on September 23.
Covered race fees are first-come, first-served as participants sign up to be on your password protected team. Don’t share the team password with anyone you don’t want using your entries.
You can rent a tent, chairs, tables, reserve a keg for your crew, or pre-purchase drink tickets. Purchase a tent and you can reserve a spot at the Hirschler Post-Race Office Party! All tent add-ons must be purchased by September 10, all other add-ons by September 17. Check back for pricing information once the Team Store opens in late June.
Run In Style
Order customized Corporate Run team shirts and market your team while you run! Orders must be received by September 1. For more information contact us at [email protected]
Tent Rules & Regulations:
- NO GRILLS OR GLASS BOTTLES will be permitted at Dominion.
- NO OUTSIDE TENTS are allowed. Team Captains interested in having a team tent must purchase one.
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL is allowed. Coolers and bags are subject to search.
- One company banner may be displayed within the structure of a rented tent. All other banners will be removed.
- NO ALCOHOL may be consumed before the event
- Everyone must vacate the post-race area by 10 p.m. following the event
Spread the Word!
Recruit staff and coworkers to participate!
- Opportunities for marketing include meetings, posters, e-mail, MEMO’s, company newsletter, bulletin boards, etc.
- Add the event logo to your web site or auto signature! Available in .jpg or .png versions.
- Support our Charity Partner, Greater Richmond Fit4Kids, and encourage your team to consider making a donation during the registration process. The team with the highest donation average wins the Charity Cup Challenge and the coveted 4+ foot tall trophy and bragging rights! Email Leigh Busby at Fit4Kids to learn more.
Pick Up Your Packets
Packets will be assembled for your entire team. Virtual participants will be mailed their packets. Please send a representative to pick up your team’s items at the following dates/times:
Wednesday, September 22 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Location TBA
Thursday, September 23 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Location TBA
Thursday, September 23 3 to 6:30 p.m. At the finish festival area (5000 Dominion Boulevard)
Prior to the start of the race, distribute the packet items to your team members:
- Bib #’s
- Race Day Information Sheets
- Event Site Map & Course Map
*Don’t forget to coordinate a spot to meet up pre- and post-race!
Have Your Packets Delivered
The cost is $100 and is available for delivery with 20 miles of the City of Richmond. Packets will be delivered on either Tuesday or Wednesday of event week and will only include your employees registered as of September 15. This option is available for purchase with the other Team Add-Ons.
Team Captain Drop Off
The team drop off must be accessed via Dominion Boulevard heading North from Broad Street. Once on the Dominion property bare right at the split and drive through the property. Please be sure to follow the directions for the event staffing on site. For a map, click here. You will be asked to unload your supplies at the drop location and immediately remove your vehicle. Team drop off will be available from 3 – 5:50 p.m.
Score Your Team
Times and scoring are based on an honor system! In-person scorecards must be handed in by 8:45 p.m. and virtual scorecards must be submitted by 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 23. In-person and virtual participants will be scored separately. Visit the Team Scoring page for details.