Team Captain Info
Bring your team together even though they’re apart! Highlight team members going the extra mile on your social media and tag @sportsbackers on Instagram or use #corporaterun! If there’s anything we can do to help you rally your team or increase registration please feel free to contact us! We know things are super virtual now, so it makes togetherness even more important!
Team Captain Toolkit
The virtual toolkit includes:
- Virtual Captains Rally on Wednesday, August 26 at 4 p.m. to learn about the event and network with other team captains. Click here to RSVP.
- Team goal setting and strategies to thrive in the virtual event
- Top reasons why you should continue encouraging physical activity among your employees
- Fitness Journey Map
Create a Team
- Create a team here
Once your team is set up, individuals can begin registering themselves. (Captains, don’t forget to sign up to participate.)
Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
There are three payment options available to all teams:
1. COMPANY IS INVOICED AND SUBMITS ONE PAYMENT for all team members
Credit card information is not required upfront by the team captain or the individual team members. Upon creating your team, enter the % of the costs you are willing to pay for employees. You will be able to select how many employees you’d like to pay for and when a cut off date of when you’d like to stop paying for employees. An invoice will be generated and emailed to the team captain. Captains can view their invoices and payments on the Team Captain page. The deadline for this option is October 15 and payment is due by October 29. Payment is accepted by either check or credit card in our online system.
2. TEAM MEMBERS PAY INDIVIDUALLY
Credit card payment is required at the time of registration by each individual team member.
3. COMPANY PAYS UPFRONT FOR A PRE-PAID FIXED NUMBER of Team Members
Set up your team and do not select that you’d like to pay for any members. When you get to the Team Captain page you can select ‘Purchase Entries’ under ‘Pre-Paid Packages’. You can then select a number of entries you’d like to cover and pay by credit card. You may go back to manage your team at any time to purchase additional entries. All pre-paid entries must be used by the close of Event Day Registration on October 15.
Covered race fees are first-come, first-served as participants sign up to be on your password protected team. Don’t share the team password with anyone you don’t want using your entries.
Spread the Word!
Recruit staff and coworkers to participate!
- Opportunities for marketing include meetings, posters, e-mail, MEMO’s, company newsletter, bulletin boards, etc.
- Add the event logo to your web site or auto signature! Available in .jpg or .png versions.
- Support our Charity Partner, Greater Richmond Fit4Kids, and encourage your team to consider making a donation during the registration process. The team with the highest donation average wins the Charity Cup Challenge and the coveted 4+ foot tall trophy and bragging rights! Here is a toolkit to help you promote the Challenge and Fit4Kids. Email Leigh Busby at Fit4Kids to learn more.
Score Your Team
Times and scoring are based on an honor system! Scores must be submitted by 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 15. Visit the Team Scoring page for details.