Ashland 5k Event Details
The Ashland 5k offers a quaint view of the neighborhoods surrounding downtown Ashland and the campus of Randolph-Macon to those that prefer a shorter distance. The 3.1-mile route is sure to appeal to a broader range of participants, but hurry, because registration is limited to the first 250 registrants.
Ashland 5k (RRRC Members save $5)
Through July 13: $30
July 14 – August 3: $35
August 4 – August 26: $40
Income-based rates are available. Details can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Scenic 5k course through The Town of Ashland
- Finisher Medal
- Commemorative Bib
- Chip Timing
- Technical T-Shirt or Technical Tank available for purchase
- Post-Race Celebration with food and drinks
- Course Support (medical, port-o-johns, bottle refill stations, and nuun)
You may defer your registration from the 2023 Ashland 5k to the 2024 event. Deferred registrations may not be transferred to another person. Refunds will not be issued under any circumstances. The fee to defer a registration is $20. All deferrals must be done by August 14, 2023. No deferrals will be allowed after this date. The deferral may be used only for the 2024 event. You may only defer an entry once (i.e., if you deferred your 2023 entry to 2024, you will not be able to defer it again in 2024 to 2025). There will be no deferrals at packet pick up.
Entry fees are non-refundable, even in the case of a race cancellation, postponement, event format changes, and/or if you are unable to participate. Race numbers and entries cannot be transferred to another person. No exceptions. This means once we have received your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, and you may not give or sell your number or timing chip to anyone else. Anyone found participating with another person’s number will be disqualified and both people will be barred from future Sports Backers and/or Richmond Road Runners Club events, including the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k and Allianz Partners Richmond Marathon.
Race Day Information
- Photo ID required for packet pick-up. You may pick up a packet for another pre-registered runner, provided you have a copy of their photo ID.
- The Ashland 5k is a cupless event. All participants must come prepared to carry their own hydration system.
Packet Pick-up will take place at Sports Backers Stadium (Orange Lot)
- 100 Avenue of Champions, Richmond, VA 23230
- Friday, August 25th 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Packet Pick-up on race day will be available at the Start/Finish area
- Corner of North Center Street and Henry Clay Road
- 5:45 – 6:30 a.m.
Parking on Race Day
Carpooling strongly encouraged! A map of the start finish area and directions can be found here.
- North Branch Parking Lot: 400 Center St Ashland VA 23005
- Physical Plant Parking Lot: 115 N. Railroad Ave Ashland VA 23005
- Old Tennis Court Parking Lot: 100 W. Patrick Ashland VA 23005
Since parking in Ashland is at a premium, participants are strongly encouraged to carpool to the race. Reduce congestion, save yourself some gas money and share the experience with your friends. These are all great reasons to all drive together.
- Top-3 overall male and female
- First place male and female masters
All awards will be determined by chip time and will be mailed out after the race.
- This race is conducted under the rules of USATF and the Road Runners Club of America.
- In consideration of the safety of all participants, NO STROLLERS, BABY JOGGERS, IN-LINE SKATES, SKATEBOARDS, BICYCLES, HANDCYCLES, OR ANIMALS ON LEASHES will be allowed on the course.
- We strongly discourage the use of headphones during this race as only half of the road will be closed to traffic.
- Once received, entries are non-refundable. Entries may not be transferred or given to another person.
Richmond Road Runners Club
The Ashland 5k is owned and produced by the Richmond Road Runners Club and Sports Backers.
Income Based Rate
At Sports Backers, our mission is to inspire people to live actively. Engaging underserved populations is one of our core values and one way we act on this value is by offering Income Based Rates for our events. These special rates are offered to those who qualify and would otherwise not be able to participate.
Those who qualify are eligible for the special $15 rate for the Ashland 5k and $25 rate for the Ashland Half. To learn more and apply please visit the Income Based Rate page.
Questions? Need more information, please email [email protected].