To give you a little background
We live what we do. The Sports Backers staff is a passionate bunch, and we want our new team members to be passionate also. If you’re into the active lifestyle and want to help us spread the love of physical activity to the rest of Richmond, you’ve come to the right place. But just to warn you, we can’t take everyone… So dazzle us!
Sports Backers, the nationally acclaimed non-profit fitness advocacy organization, is looking for an energetic, organized and reliable Graphic Designer to work part-time from mid-February through mid-June. This person will have the unique opportunity to work on nationally-known events, such as the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k, Dominion Riverrock, and the Anthem Richmond Marathon, and will be tasked with updating and creating various print and online design projects.
The Interim Graphic Designer will work closely with the organization’s various departments to: design and update print collateral for Sports Backers programs and events, design email graphics, proofread communications and review designs, and design other materials as needed, including t-shirt graphics.
The Interim Graphic Designer will follow up with staff members assuring adherence to project deadlines and must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite applications, be able to work on a PC, be able to prepare web and print-ready files, to work in a team environment and must be pursuing or have already earned an Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or related field. Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment is a plus.
The total time commitment is expected to average about 30 hours/week. Pay commensurate with experience.
The Sports Backers have three internship positions available per term and one for the school year. Terms follow the Fall, Spring and Summer seasons. Schedules are as follows and can be flexible based on an individual’s academic calendar. Oh, did we mention they were PAID?!
May – Mid-August
Mid-August – Mid-May
Each internship position listed below requires an outgoing, self-motivated individual who possesses effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Each position will require weekend and evening work surrounding our event schedule. To apply, click on the link to any position and fill out the form.
- Assist the Public Relations & Marketing department with day-to-day promotion of Sports Backers events.
- Assist with the management of the Sports Backers’ social media outlets. This includes increasing frequency of interaction, brainstorming contest ideas, and keeping the content fresh.
- Research relevant stories and articles to feature in our e-newsletter, PULSE.
- Write articles and press releases related to Sports Backers events and people participating in them.
- Assist in monitoring the performance of digital advertisements.
- Assist full-time staff with day-to-day operations and event planning.
- Answer incoming calls and assist in answering inquiries about the Sports Backers and our events.
- Assist with mail-in registration input for all events.
- Manage projects for events and serve on the event committee.
- Assist with the set-up and breakdown of events both on-site and in the warehouse.
- Assist with projects in the areas of marketing, event development and sponsorship/development as needed.