Pricing and Registration Details
Marathon Training Team registration includes:
- 23-week training program. The program kicks off on Saturday, June 5 or Sunday, June 6. Group runs begin Saturday, June 12 or Sunday, June 13, with a detailed schedule for you to follow
- Organized and supported weekly group runs on your choice of Saturday or Sunday mornings
- Personal guidance from our veteran team of experienced coaches
- Opportunity to earn virtual badges through milestone and challenge completion
- Sports Backers Marathon Training Team shirt
- Technical race shirt
- FREE entry in the 44th VCU Health Richmond Marathon on November 13 and all associated race benefits
- Special Race Day support along the course from coaches
- Clinics on subjects like nutrition, running attire, and other related topics
Please Note: MTT is subject to change due to current COVID-19 mandates & recommendations. As we make decisions, we will be sure to update here.
Marathon Training Team Fees
$165: through May 17
$180: May 18 – June 28
Income Based Rate
At Sports Backers, our mission is to inspire people from all corners of our community to live actively. Engaging underserved populations is one of our core values and one way we act on this value is by offering Income Based Rates for all of our training teams. These special rates are offered to those who qualify and would otherwise not be able to participate.
Those who make $25,000 or less annually or receive proven TANF, Food Stamp or Energy Assistance Benefits from Social Services and are not currently claimed as a dependent by anyone making above $25,000 annually are eligible for a special $30 rate for the Marathon Training Team. Please provide one of the following documents for verification:
- Verification/Eligibility letter from Social Services
- Most Recent Tax Return
For those that qualify for the income-based entry fee, please come by our office or mail the completed paper entry form and your verification document to Sports Backers, 100 Avenue of Champions, Richmond, VA 23230
For more information, please email [email protected].
- Training Team entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, no exceptions. Once we receive your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate or are unable to complete the program.
- You may defer your 2021 Sports Backers Marathon Training Team entry to the 2022 Marathon Training Team through July 12 for $20. After that date, there will be no more deferrals. Please note that your free entry in the 2021 VCU Health Richmond Marathon, by itself, may not be deferred to the 2022 event.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- Already signed up for the marathon and want to participate in the training team? No problem! Just click here on Switching-races and follow the prompts. The system will charge you the difference between the marathon and the training team. If you originally paid by check, send a check made out to Sports Backers for the difference in price between the training team fee and your marathon entry fee you’ve paid for the event. Just indicate if you’d like to train on Saturday or Sunday, with the early or late group (7 or 7:30), and whether you’d consider yourself a novice or intermediate. Also include your typical pace/mile and your most recent 10k time.
- If you choose to run the Richmond Half Marathon or Allianz Partners 8k, rather than the VCU Health Richmond Marathon, you may do so for no additional cost.
- Strollers/Baby joggers are not permitted at group runs or in the VCU Health Richmond Marathon.