Pricing and Registration Details
Through May 19: $165
After May 19: $180
- 24-week training program starting on Saturday, June 1 or Sunday, June 2 (you choose the day), with a detailed written schedule for you to follow
- Personal guidance from our veteran team of experienced coaches
- Organized and supported weekly group runs on your choice of Saturday or Sunday mornings from Sports Backers Stadium (time will change based on season)
- A special Sports Backers Marathon Training Team shirt and a technical race shirt
- FREE entry in the 42nd VCU Health Richmond Marathon on November 16 and all associated race benefits
- Special Race Day support along the course from coaches, and an exclusive clothing drop
- Clinics on subjects like nutrition, running attire, and other related topics
Income Based Rate
At Sports Backers, our mission is to inspire people from all corners of our community to live actively. Engaging underserved populations is one of our core values and one way we act on this value is by offering Income Based Rates for all of our training teams. These special rates are offered to those who qualify and would otherwise not be able to participate.
Those who make $25,000 or less annually or receive proven TANF, Food Stamp or Energy Assistance Benefits from Social Services and are not currently claimed as a dependent by anyone making above $25,000 annually are eligible for a special $30 rate for the Marathon Training Team. Please provide one of the following documents for verification:
- Verification/Eligibility letter from Social Services
- Most Recent Tax Return
For those that qualify for the income-based entry fee, please come by our office or mail this completed form and your verification document to Sports Backers, 100 Avenue of Champions, Richmond, VA 23230
For more information, please call (804) 285-9495 x250.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and entries are non-transferable, no exceptions.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- Already signed up for the marathon and want to participate in the training team? No problem! Just click here on Switching-races and follow the prompts. The system will charge you the difference between the marathon and the training team. If you originally paid by check, send a check made out to Sports Backers for the difference in price between the training team fee and your marathon entry fee you’ve paid for the event. Just indicate if you’d like to train on Saturday or Sunday, with the early or late group (7 or 7:30), and whether you’d consider yourself a novice or intermediate. Also include your typical pace/mile and your most recent 10k time.
- If you choose to run the Markel Richmond Half Marathon or Richmond 8k, rather than the VCU Health Richmond Marathon, you may do so for no additional cost.
- You may not defer your 2019 Sports Backers Marathon Training Team entry nor your free entry in the 2019 VCU Health Richmond Marathon to the 2020 event.
- Strollers/Baby joggers are not permitted at group runs or in the VCU Health Richmond Marathon.