Pricing and Information
Through June 30: $140
July 1 – August 31: $155
- 14-week half marathon training program (begins Saturday, Aug. 8 or Sunday, Aug. 9) with a detailed written schedule.
- Personal guidance from a team of experienced coaches.
- Organized and supported group runs each Saturday or Sunday
- Teams built around experience and ability, so you’re running with others of similar pace.
- Sports Backers HMTT t-shirt and technical race shirt.
- a FREE 2020 Richmond Half Marathon entry and all associated race benefits (including participant shirt).
- Access to clinics on nutrition, running attire and other related topics.
- Sign up online through August 31.
- Print out an entry form and mail it in with payment (Available in early December).
Income Based Rate
At Sports Backers, our mission is to inspire people from all corners of our community to live actively. Engaging underserved populations is one of our core values and one way we act on this value is by offering Income Based Rates for all of our training teams. These special rates are offered to those who qualify and would otherwise not be able to participate.
Those who make $25,000 or less annually or receive proven TANF, Food Stamp or Energy Assistance Benefits from Social Services and are not currently claimed as a dependent by anyone making above $25,000 annually are eligible for a special $25 rate for the Half Marathon Training Team Please provide one of the following documents for verification:
- Verification/Eligibility letter from Social Services
- Most Recent Tax Return
For those that qualify for the income-based entry fee, please come by our office or mail the completed entry form and your verification document to Sports Backers, 100 Avenue of Champions, Richmond, VA 23230
For more information, please call (804) 285-9495 x250.
- Training Team entry fees are non-refundable, no exceptions. Once we receive your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate or are unable to complete the program.
- You may defer your 2020 Sports Backers Half Marathon Training Team entry to the 2021 Half Marathon Training Team through August 23. After that date, there will be no more deferrals. Please note that your free entry in the 2020 Richmond Half Marathon, by itself, may not be deferred to the 2021 event.
- Already signed up for the half marathon and want to participate in the training team? No problem! Just click here for info on switching races and follow the prompts. The system will charge you the difference between the half marathon and the training team. If you originally paid by check, send a check made out to Sports Backers for the difference in price between the training team fee and your half marathon entry fee you’ve paid for the event. Just indicate if you’d like to do your Group Run on Saturday or Sunday, if you’d like to train with the novice or intermediate group, your typical pace/mile and your most recent 10k time.
- If you choose to run the Allianz Partners 8k rather than the Richmond Half Marathon on November 14, you will be allowed to do so for no additional charge.
- Strollers/Baby joggers are not permitted at group runs or in the Richmond Half Marathon.
- The Richmond Half Marathon has a 4-hour time limit, which would require running a good portion of the 13.1 miles.
- There is no “walking” group for the training team.
- You must be at least 14 years of age to participate. If you are under the age of 16, you must have a parent/guardian present for all training runs.
Veteran coach Ro Gammon will again lead the Sports Backers Half Marathon Training Team. Ro has been the popular head coach of the Half Marathon Training Team since its inception and for the Midlothian YMCA 10k Training Team since 2001. She also served as a Marathon Training Team coach for 8 years. She is a certified personal trainer and running coach and has served as an Educator and Coach in the Powhatan School System for 34 years.