Sports Backers invites all Richmond Public Schools elementary school students to participate in the inaugural Mayor’s Cup competition! Students will train up for this event by participating in their school-sponsored run club. Run clubs will meet at least once per week between mid-February and race day.
Sounds like fun! What do we get?
Run club participants taking part in race day festivities at the Virginia529 Kids Run will receive an event t-shirt, finisher medal, and post race snacks. All participating school run clubs will also be entered to win a Sports Backers sponsored run club party! The run club winning the coveted Mayor’s Cup will receive:
- A trophy to display proudly at your school
- A special visit from Mayor Levar Stoney
- A $1,000 check to the run club for the purchase of new equipment
Participation & Eligibility
The Mayor’s Cup will be awarded to the school with the highest percentage of school members participating on race day. In order to be eligible for the Mayor’s Cup competition, your RPS run club must:
- Have student participants who are City of Richmond residents
- Meet consistently on a weekly basis between February 18 and April 13th
- Participate in the Virginia529 Kids Run on Saturday, April 13th
- Practice dates and times will vary by school
- If your school does not have a run club yet, but would like to participate in the Mayor’s Cup competition, it’s not too late!
- Contact Faith Hecht at [email protected] to get started today!