Beer & Cider
2017 Trails & Ales presented by Capital Ale House Beer Types
- Tavern Brown Ale – American Brown Ale – 5.7% ABV – Six malt varieties meld with an English yeast strain and floral American hops to produce an approachable yet still complex American Brown ale.
- Weekend Lager – Munich-Style Helles Lager – 4.8% ABV – We took ten years to brew our first Lager and hope it was worth the wait. Made in the Munich Helles style and unfiltered like all our beer, it’s a little spicy but wholly smooth.
Blue Mountain Brewery
- Full Nelson – Virginia Pale Ale – 5.9% ABV – Our flagship Virginia Pale Ale features a balanced malt body followed by a burst of American hop flavor and aroma. Citrusy, floral and highly sessionable!
- Kolsch 151 – German-style Kolschbier – 5.0% ABV – Kölsch 151 is a light German-style ale indigenous to Köln (Cologne), Germany. This ale is treated like a lager, undergoing extensive cold aging to produce a clean, crisp beer. German Pilsen and Vienna malts are balanced with hops from the Hallertau region.
- RVA Cider – 5.5% ABV – This refreshing cider fermented beautifully, was cold crashed to hold its signature flavor, and then was slightly back sweetened with unfermented juice to let you fully experience the Virginia apples. Sit back, relax, and drink in the city!
- Shandy Cider
- Stone IPA – India Pale Ale – 6.9% ABV – By definition, an India pale ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale—and we deliver in spades. One of the most well-respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with tropical, citrusy, piney hop flavors and aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.
- Delicious IPA – India Pale Ale – 7.7% ABV – While our beers are many and diverse, yet unified by overarching boldness, India pale ales are our undeniable bread and butter. The result is an intensely citrusy, beautifully bitter beer is worthy of the simple-yet-lordly title of Stone Delicious IPA. Lemondrop and El Dorado hops combine to bring on a magnificent lemon candy-like flavor that’s balanced by hop spice. It’s unlike anything we’ve tasted in nearly two decades of IPA experimentation, and another lupulin-laced creation we’re excited to present to hopheads everywhere.
Trapezium Brewing Co.
- White Ale – 5.2% ABV – Our twist on a traditional Belgian Wit, this recipe combines floral hops, yeast esters and chamomile into one very enjoyable beer.
- Lemon Honey Ginger – 7.6% ABV – This Imperial Pale Ale delivers a refreshing combination of ginger and lemon. Honey additions to the fermentation process deliver a crisp, dry finish.