COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
As we navigate our ever-changing world, our mission to inspire you to live an active lifestyle remains. Now, more than ever, the Sports Backers team wants to keep you moving, but only in a way that keeps our participants, volunteers, staff and communities safe and healthy. Our team has been working hard to revise our event plans to meet the current social distancing requirements so that we can get back to celebrating your active lifestyles through our events in the safest way possible.
With individual’s safety and transmission mitigation in mind, we have been working on new event modifications and procedures that will allow us to safely operate the CarMax Tacky Light Run. These policies and procedures are based on current recommendations for COVID-19 safety protocols and are subject to change at any time.
Social Distancing Procedures and Safety Guidelines:
- Please wear a mask while walking or running on an official course and when 6ft of social distance is unable to be maintained. This includes on sidewalks and when passing other participants.
- Please plan to wear appropriate, bright clothing as well as reflected or lighted safety vests, headlamps, flashing lighted accessories or other such bright and lighted attire. Because holiday lights are best enjoyed at night, we want to be sure that all other pedestrians and vehicles can see you when you are completing your CarMax Tacky Light Run.
- Please maintain at least 6 ft. of social distance between yourself and others while on the official CarMax Tacky Light Run courses and avoid any crowding.
- Roads are NOT closed to vehicular traffic so please follow all rules of the road (i.e. when there is a stop sign, you should stop) and stay alert.
- When running on an official course where traffic is sharing the road, be sure to stay to the left.
- When passing someone on an official course, please allow at least 6 ft. between you and the other participant or pedestrian. If 6 ft. is not available to you, please wait until you can pass safely.
- There will not be supported water stops at the start/finish or on course, so plan to bring your own hydration for before, during and after your CarMax Tacky Light Run
- There will not be medical support dedicated to any of the official courses so plan to carry your phone with you on your walk/run in case of an emergency. If you do have an emergency please dial 9-1-1.
Please do not attend one of the official CarMax Tacky Light Run courses if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
- Per CDC guidelines the following groups are considered to be at a higher risk for contracting COVID-19. If any of these apply to you, we ask that you take the increased risk into consideration before participating on an official course:
- – CDC high risk age threshold
- – Those who are immunocompromised or undergoing treatment for an ongoing disease such as cancer, HIV, liver, or heart disease
- – Those with moderate to severe asthma
Our policies and procedures will continue to be updated as we learn more about COVID-19 and how to keep our participants, volunteers, staff, and communities safe and healthy. These procedures are subject to change at any time and we appreciate your flexibility as we enter a new phase of social distancing races.