Moonlight Ride Rules and Safety
Safety is our top priority (followed closely by FUN, of course!), so please take note of the following:
- Helmets REQUIRED for cyclists and passengers.
- A front white light and a rear blinking light are REQUIRED.
- Follow the instructions of Police Officers and course marshals.
- Riders may not pass the lead vehicle.
- Children under the age of 17 must accompanied by a responsible adult. There is a minimum age of 5 to ride in the 3-mile Family Ride and a minimum age of 8 to ride in the 8-mile ride.
- Sorry, but pets are not allowed.
- Tailgating in the parking areas is prohibited. This will be monitored and strictly enforced.
- The 8-mile and 3-mile courses are closed to vehicular traffic but police will allow vehicles to cross the course at certain intersections—PLEASE show extra caution! These intersections are:
- – Laburnum & Hermitage
- In addition to lights, bicycles should have front and rear reflectors.
- Ride slower and more cautiously than you would by daylight.
- Wear white or light colors for visibility.
- Bike strollers should have reflectors and vertical flags.