Pricing and Registration Details
Through May 20: $165
After May 20: $180
- 23-week training program starting on Saturday, June 3 or Sunday, June 4 (you choose the day), with a detailed written schedule for you to follow
- Personal guidance from veteran coaches Don Garber, Sean Cusack, Carrie Parker, and their team of experienced coaches
- Organized and supported weekly group runs on your choice of Saturday or Sunday mornings from Sports Backers Stadium (time will change based on season)
- A special Sports Backers Marathon Training Team shirt and a technical race shirt
- FREE entry in the 40th Anniversary Anthem Richmond Marathon on November 11 and all associated race benefits
- Special Race Day support along the course from coaches, and an exclusive clothing drop
- Special clinics on subjects like nutrition, running attire, and other related topics
- Online through Sunday, June 25.
- Sign up in person at one of the informational meetings
- Print out an entry form and and mail it in with a check.
Those who make $25,000 or less annually or receive proven TANF, Food Stamp or Energy Assistance Benefits from Social Services are eligible for a special $30 rate for the Marathon Training Team. Anyone interested in taking advantage of this income-based entry free, visit the Sports Backers office located at 100 Avenue of Champions, Richmond, VA 23230 to apply. Please bring with you this competed form along with one of the following:
- Verification/Eligibility letter from Social Services
- 2 most recent paystubs
- Tax Return
For more information, please call 285-9495 x250.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and entries are non-transferable, no exceptions.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- Already signed up for the marathon and want to participate in the training team? No problem! Just click here on Switching-races and follow the prompts. The system will charge you the difference between the marathon and the training team. If you originally paid by check, send a check made out to Sports Backers for the difference in price between the training team fee and your marathon entry fee you’ve paid for the event. Just indicate if you’d like to train on Saturday or Sunday, with the early or late group (7 or 7:30), and whether you’d consider yourself a novice or intermediate. Also include your typical pace/mile and your most recent 10k time.
- If you choose to run the Markel Richmond Half Marathon or VCU Health 8k, rather than the Anthem Richmond Marathon, you may do so for no additional cost.
- You may not defer your 2017 Sports Backers Marathon Training Team entry nor your entry in the 2017 Anthem Richmond Marathon to the 2018 event.
- Strollers/Baby joggers are not permitted at group runs or in the Anthem Richmond Marathon.