Event Day Recommendations
- Car pool to the race!
- Take advantage of a Race Day Shuttle (ticket required)
- Run, walk or ride your bike to the starting line. Bike racks are available in Monroe Park.
- Free parking is available on streets throughout the area. Park EAST of Belvidere to find on-street and surface-lot parking.
- AVOID THE BELVIDERE EXITS off I-95 and I-195.
- ALL MOTORISTS SHOULD USE I-95 & I-195 AROUND THE CITY.
Race Day Shuttle Service
Don't want to deal with parking? Take a shuttle on race day! WINN Transportation will offer two separate shuttle pick-up locations: City Stadium and The Diamond. Anyone wishing to take advantage of the shuttle service on race day MUST purchase a ticket at the Expo during packet pick up hours. A limited number of tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost is $5 per person round trip. The shuttle will drop off at Adams and Canal Street (5 blocks from Monroe Park, site of the Post Race Festival - view map).
- Parking spaces are limited at both locations so carpooling is recommended. A ticket on the shuttle bus does not guarantee you a parking spot in the parking lots at either The Diamond or City Stadium. On-street parking is also available at each location.
- Shuttles will run on a continuous loop between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. from each location to the drop off point. To ensure that you have enough time to walk from the drop off point to the start line, please plan to arrive at your shuttle pick up location at least 90 minutes before your wave is scheduled to start. The drop off location is 11 blocks from the 10k start. (view map)
- Each shuttle passenger must have a ticket to board the shuttle at the pick-up locations.
- To expedite the purchase of shuttle tickets at the expo, cash is recommended.
NEW: Free Bike Valet service offered!
New this year, we will offer a FREE Bike Valet service. Instead of trying to find parking, ride your bike to the event. Bike Valet will be offered in the VCU parking deck at the corner of Laurel and Grace Streeets (directly across from Chipotle & Panera), only a quick walk to the start and from the finish festival in Monroe Park. Bike Valet service will be available from 7 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 28th for registered 10k participants. Participants will be able to check their bike and a bag, using their detachable bag check tag on their bib number.
PSA is exclusively managing the 2014 Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k housing needs. Click here to find information on booking your hotel guest rooms. This website will provide you with a listing of the various hotels which are close to the event site and are offering special reduced rates for Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k participants and guests.
PSA's goal is to provide participants with the best possible service with group and individual accommodations. Individual and group reservations can be made using the link above or you may contact a Personal Housing Coordinator by email at [email protected] or by phone at 888-390-5003. Coordinators will be available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Paid Parking Decks:
Arrive early, as these spaces fill quickly. And follow the given directions to avoid street closures.
Henry St. Parking Deck - West (200 N. Henry St)
Traveling west on Grace Street from downtown, the entrance to the deck will be located on your right at the intersection of Henry Street (one block east of Belvidere Street).
JL Lot (200 W. Cary St, entrance on Madison St.)
Traveling east on Cary Street, cross Belvidere Street and make a left at the next block (Madison Street). The deck will be located on your right.
801 W. Main Street (between Laurel and Cherry streets)
Take I-195 to the Idlewood exit. Make a left turn onto Cherry Street to the entrance to the deck.
1101 W. Cary Street (corner of Cary & Harrison St.)
Traveling east on Cary Street, the deck will be located on your right at the intersection of Harrison Street.
609 Bowe Street (next to the Siegel Center)
Exit I-95 at the Boulevard and head south (right). Make a left turn onto Leigh Street. Travel east to Bowe Street and make a right turn (one block east of Lombardy). Go south and the parking deck will be on your left.
100 S. Jefferson Street (between Cary and Canal Street)
Traveling east on Cary Street, the deck will be located on your right at the intersection of Jefferson Street (two blocks east of Belvidere Street)
No Parking & Street Closures
Friday, March 28
|3 p.m.||NO PARKING goes into effect on Franklin Street from Shafer to Belvidere|
|3 p.m.||NO PARKING goes into effect on Broad Street (Belvidere to Lombardy)|
|4 p.m.||TOWING goes into effect on Franklin between Laurel and Belvidere|
|5 p.m.||Franklin St. – CLOSED between Laurel & Belvidere through 3 p.m. Saturday|
Saturday, March 29
|4 a.m. - 12 p.m.||Broad Street – CLOSED from Lombardy east to Belvidere|
|4 a.m. - 2 p.m.||Kent - CLOSED from Wythe to Monument Avenue|
|4 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.||West Franklin Street – CLOSED from Laurel to Stuart Circle|
|4 a.m. - 3 p.m.||North Laurel Street – CLOSED from Main St. to Broad Street|
|4 a.m. - 3 p.m.||Cathedral Place CLOSED from Laurel to Shafer Ct.|
|4 a.m. - 2 p.m.||Harrison - CLOSED from Park to Marshall|
|5 a.m. - 1 p.m.||Chantilly - CLOSED from Monumental to Monument|
|5 a.m. - 3 p.m.||Canal St. - CLOSED from Belvidere to 2nd St.|
|6 a.m. - 9 a.m.||Park Avenue – CLOSED from Shafer to Lombardy|
|6 a.m. - 3 p.m.||Exit ramp from Westbound I-195 to Belvidere - CLOSED|
|7 a.m. - 9 a.m.||Hanover - CLOSED from Plum to Lombardy|
|7 a.m.- 12 a.m.||Grace Street – CLOSED from Belvidere to Allen|
|7 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.||Lombardy Street – CLOSED from Broad Street to Hanover Avenue|
|7 a.m. - 2 p.m.||Monument Ave- CLOSED from Staples Mill Road to Stuart Circle|
|7 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.||Franklin St. – CLOSED Lombardy to Harrison|
|8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.||Boulevard - CLOSED at Monument Avenue|
Directions to the Finish at Monroe Park:
- From the North & West: Take I-95/64 South/East to exit 76B. Turn left off the exit ramp on to Leigh Street. Turn right at the first traffic light on to Belvidere Street heading South. Monroe Park is 5 blocks ahead on the right at the intersection with Franklin Street.
- From the South: Take I-95 North to exit 74A on to the Downtown Expressway. Go one half mile and take Belvidere Street exit. At first traffic light, make a right on to Belvidere Street. Monroe Park is three blocks ahead on your left.
- From the East: Take I-64 West to I-95 South to exit 74A on to the Downtown Expressway. Go one half mile and take Belvidere Street exit. At first traffic light, make a right on to Belvidere Street. Monroe Park is three blocks ahead on your left.