CarMax Party Stops
Catch the action along the course at one of the three CarMax Party Stops – the best seats in the house! Each location features a band, bottled water and cheering items, including cowbells, pom poms, foam fingers and sign-making materials for you to show your support and enthusiasm.
Here are the locations and directions so you can avoid road closures:
Stuart Statue at Monument and N. Lombardy St.
- From the North/West: Take I-95 to the Boulevard (Exit 78). Make a right at the bottom of the ramp onto the Boulevard heading south. Turn left at the first traffic light onto Robin Hood Road. Turn right at the first traffic light onto Hermitage Road. Go approximately 1 mile and turn left onto Broad Street. Go 1 block and turn right onto Allen Avenue. This is the closest you can drive to the course. Monument Avenue is two blocks ahead the Stuart Statue is one block east there.
- From the South/East: Take I-95 North to the Boulevard (Exit 78). Turn left at the bottom of the ramp onto Hermitage Road. Go approximately 1 mile and turn left onto Broad Street. Go 1 block and turn right onto Allen Avenue. This is the closest you can drive to the course. Monument Avenue is two blocks ahead the Stuart Statue is one block east from there.
Course turnaround at Monument & Chantilly St.
- Take I-64 to Staples Mill Road/33 East (Exit 185). Follow Staples Mill Road south to Monument Avenue. The Party Stop will be located one block east.
Boulevard and Monument
- From the South: Take Powhite Parkway to I-195 North to the Patterson/Grove exit. Bear left onto N. Thompson Street. Turn right onto Kensington Avenue. Turn left the Boulevard. Monument Avenue will be 2 blocks ahead.
- From the North/East/West: Take I-95 to I-195 South to the Grove/Cary Street exit. Make a left onto Cary Street. Make a left onto the Boulevard. Monument Avenue will be 8 blocks ahead.
Show your spirit and win money!
We’re giving cash to groups that show up on race day to support the runners and walkers! Get your creative juices flowing and enter the Hirschler Fleischer Spirit Contest.
AT&T Athlete Alert System
Sign up to receive updates when your favorite runner reaches certain points on the course: start line, half way (3.1 miles), and the finish line.
- Register online beginning in March
- Or sign up in person at the AT&T Booth at the Expo
Event Coverage on CBS 6
You can always turn to CBS 6 to get the latest information and stories about the 10k and the 10k training team. And, don’t forget to set the DVR before you leave the house on race morning! Our friends at CBS 6 will be broadcasting live from a few different locations on the course and putting together a stellar show all about the race. Don’t forget to smile if you see their crew!