If you’ve participated in the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k before, you know you see some crazy, extravagant and creative costumes out there on the course. If you haven’t participated before, check out the photos below and you’ll understand. Maybe you’ll smile, maybe you’ll laugh and maybe you’ll be inspired to take part in the Dress Up & Run Contest yourself. You can win money even if you don’t win the race!
Congratulations 2013 Winners!
Individual/Duo - 1st Place
Mike & Missy Murchie
Individual/Duo - 2nd Place
Individual/Duo - 3rd Place
"Monument Avenue Statues"
Jackie & Reiley Rice
Group - 1st Place
Giles Ring & friends
Group - 2nd Place
Denise Hull & friends
Group - 3rd Place
"Victory Lap at RIR"
Greg Wood & Friends
How to participate:
- Check in at the Richmond Times-Dispatch tent in Monroe Park at least 30 minutes prior to your wave start time. Registration opens at 6:45 a.m. and closes at 9:30 a.m.
- You must wear your costume while you participate in the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k.
- Participants should go to the Richmond Times-Dispatch tent in Monroe Park after concluding the race to learn if they have won a prize.
|Individual/Duo||Best Group Entry|
Richmond Times Dispatch Dress Up & Run Contest Official Rules
- All Richmond Times-Dispatch Dress Up and Run Costume Contest entrants must be registered participants in the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k and must have signed the Runner’s Agreement, Waiver, Release and Acknowledgement on the race registration form. All contest participants must have visible a 2013 Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k race number.
- The contest is open to all legal residents of the United States. Employees of the Richmond Times-Dispatch ("RTD") or any of its parent company or affiliated companies, its promotional or marketing agencies, and their immediate families, and employees of the Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers and their immediate families are ineligible.
- Three winners will be chosen in the Individual/Duo category and three winners will be chosen in the Group entry category.
- No substitution or transfer of a prize by a winner is permitted without the express agreement of the sponsor of the prize.
- Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and submit a W-9 form in order for prize to be awarded. Group entrants will designate one representative to receive prize and submit required forms. If you are a winner you must claim your prize by submitting the completed and signed affidavit and W-9 form no later than 30 days after the date of the race. Failure to submit required forms in time will result in a forfeit of the prize. Forfeited prizes will not be awarded and remain sole property of the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- A winner assumes all risks and agrees that RTD and any other prize or race sponsors, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and employees, have no liability in connection with the acceptance or use of the prize or participation in the Contest. A winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and local income and other taxes associated with the prize and for any insurance related to the use of any prize. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. Federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- All contest participants must check in at the Richmond Times-Dispatch tent in Monroe Park at least 30 minutes prior to their wave start time. Registration opens at 6:45 a.m. and closes at 9:30 a.m. Contest entrants must run/walk the race in their costumes to be eligible to win.
- Winners will be posted at the conclusion of the race on April 13 at The Times-Dispatch tent in Monroe Park and winners will be notified via email on or about Monday, April 15, 2013.
- By entering the contest, an entrant acknowledges his or her consent to the use of his or her name, picture and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Entries will be judged by the RTD and Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers. Decisions of judges are final in all matters pertaining to the Dress Up and Run Costume Contest. Judges reserve the right to withdraw the contest or make changes at any time. RTD and the Sports Backers at their sole discretion shall name any and all judges.
- By entering the contest, an entrant acknowledges his or her agreement to the above rules and restrictions and permission to use entrant’s name, address, email and phone number for marketing and promotional purposes.