We’re giving cash to groups that show up on race day to support the runners and walkers! Get your creative juices flowing and enter the 10k Community Spirit Contest. This is a perfect way for community, church or civic groups to get involved in the race.
Judges will be looking for the groups with the most energy and enthusiasm for the duration of the race, so have some fun with it! Feel free to use song, dance, music, megaphones, costumes, banners, signs or anything else you can think of to cheer on the 10k participants!
Here’s the breakdown of the prize money:
- 1st Place - $300
- 2nd Place - $200
- 3rd Place - $100
- Ten other groups will also receive a $50 prize.
What you need to know:
- Date: Saturday, March 29, 2014
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to approximately 12:30 p.m. (Times vary by location and will be specified by the Sports Backers)
- Location: You may indicate your preference on your registration, but final locations will designated by the Sports Backers
- You MUST register with the Sports Backers in advance to be eligible for prize money
- Your group needs to have at least 8 people to be considered an official Spirit Group
- There are a limited number of locations along the race course, so sign up early!
Fill out the registration form (available in January 2014) and return it to us by Friday, March 7:
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: 804-285-3132
- Snail Mail:
Attn: Pete Woody
100 Ave. of Champions, Suite 300
Richmond, VA 23230
Registrations will be accepted through March 7 or until the course fills. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance within a few weeks of their submission.
Questions? Contact Pete Woody – [email protected] or 804-285-9495 x237.